Guy Fieri’s Tequila-Lime Wings
July 1, 2011 · Print This Article
Inactive Prep Time:
For the Wings:
- 3 poundschickenwings, split at the joint, tips removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cuptequila
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- (sometimes called agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- Kosher saltand freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, forgarnish(optional)
Prepare the wings: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Season the wings with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until just brown and crisp, about 45 minutes.
Make the sauce: Combine the lime zest and juice, tequila, agave syrup, cumin, adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon pepper in a bowl. Pour over the warm wings and let marinate at least 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to high. Grill the wings until marked, 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer themarinade to a saucepan and cook until slightly thick, about 8 minutes (you can do this on the grill as well).Drizzle the wings with the sauce and top with cilantro, if desired.
Photograph by Con Poulos