Spanish Spicy Chicken and Potato Rellenos
February 13, 2011 · Print This Article
- 2 lbs. peeledpotatoes, cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoonsbutter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c.canola oil
- 3 chicken breasts, boiled in water till cooked; forked into small pieces
- 1/2 c. minced (onions, various colored bell peppers)
- 1/2 pepperoncillo (Italian pepper), minced
- 1/2 packet sazon (look in Hispanic section of grocery store)
- 1 teaspoonadobo(look in Hispanic section of grocery store)
- 2 drops habanero sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Boil potatoes in water, they should be on the firm side. Drain, mashwith butter. Set aside while you make the chicken filling. Combine all filling ingredients, except oil and tomato sauce. Saute mixture in the oil, then add the tomato sauce. Cool.
Form potato mixture into 4-inch diameter balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each ball, fill with chicken mixture; reform balls.
Coat each ball with egg, then coat with flour. Fry in canola oil until golden brown.