June 11, 2010 · Print This Article
Zesty enchilada sauce and diced green chiles give these chicken enchiladas their kick. Serve them with Mexican rice and spicy black beans.
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked, shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
- 1 cup Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 11- by 7-inch baking dish.
- SPREAD 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of prepared baking dish. Combine chicken, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheese and chiles in medium bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and chives, if desired.